Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Quick Update

I received the call late yesterday afternoon that the CT-scan was clear...no abnormal masses. This morning they called with the bloodwork results. My white blood cell count was not normal, but not so "off" that they suspected cancer. So, they don't feel further tests are necessary at this time. They believe I have a rare and severe strain of mono and it simply has to run its course. If I am not beginning to feel better in 3-4 weeks, then I will go back in and have them re-run the blood tests to make sure we aren't missing something. All in all, I feel relieved. I wish I was physically feeling better, but I will take mono over cancer any day. :)

Also, Ryan had his interview in SC today with Pure Fishing. It went very well and the recruiter who is working with him on this job said she wouldn't be surprised if they made him an offer before the end of the month. AND...Ryan got a call this evening from his former boss at Rubbermaid. He told him that Remington had just called to ask for his reference and that they are excited about Ryan and will probably call him back for one more interview with Chief Marketing Officer sometime next week. Very good news!! So, we are praying that the timing works out so that he gets both offers around the same time. Obviously, it isn't up to us to pick, but we know the Lord will make it clear where He wants us to be.

Lastly, I want to thank our family and friends for the incredible outpouring of prayer and encouragement we have received this week. From calls and emails, to people bringing us groceries and coming to pray with us...we feel so humbled and blessed and grateful for each one of you and your willingness to serve and support us during this time of uncertainty.

No comments: