Friday, April 10, 2009

Bibbidy Bobbidy Boo!

Two weeks ago, before I knew I had mono, I was asked by the youth pastor's wife from our church to be "Cinderella" for her daughter's 5th birthday. Having a 5-year-old who is totally into princesses, I could completely relate, so I agreed. She found a dress on eBay and altered it to fit me and I dug out my white gloves and shoes from our wedding. Lauren thought this was all so funny and cool, but was really wishing she could come to the party with me...even though I told her the little girls would be confused if someone was calling Cinderella "mommy". :)

Unfortunately, that birthday party was today - one of the days I have felt the worst since coming down with this illness. But, I knew I had to suck it up and do my best - as I was getting ready, I was praying the Lord would give me the strength to be Cinderella (never did I think I would hear myself say that prayer!).

Everything worked out just fine - the girls were all so excited to see me and they were pretty convinced I was the real deal. I only had to stay for lunch and pictures and then got to come home and crash. I think Ryan is secretly hoping I can keep the dress and start my own side business of doing this for parties. :) Anyway, here are some pictures from my day as a princess...








Lauren's first glimpse of me all dressed up








Getting into character

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Okay seriously! How stinkin cute are you!!! You so look like Cinderella!! When 'Blueberry' is 5 will you come to Wiscosin - because I think this is just too cute and fun!!

Megan F said...

You totally look the part my dear friend! How beautiful are you!? What fun, and I bet Lauren was proud to have Cinderella as mommy! Miss you and praying you kick this thing soon!