Friday, June 12, 2009

Long Time, No Change

I know it has been a while since I've posted anything. Time just got away from me. My mom was here for 2 weeks, which was wonderful (thanks to her for all her help)! And Ryan has started traveling for work, so I'm just treading water over here! We have had a good amount of showings on the house, but people seem to have one complaint or another (no granite and SS appliances, great room is too small, etc.). It is very frustrating and this new schedule we have as a family is wearing on all of us. Ryan has to leave the house so early each morning because it takes him almost 2 hours to get to work...and then he doesn't get home until 7:00pm each night. So, he gets to see the kids for only an hour (if that) before it's bedtime. And we don't get to eat meals together anymore.

It has definitely taken a toll on me and I've found myself struggling more emotionally than I anticipated. I try to remind myself that this is all part of God's plan and so maybe He is trying to teach me something through this...but some days it's hard to see the silver lining. Also not knowing how permanent this solution will be makes it difficult. Because if the house doesn't sell in 6 months, we will take it off the market and stay here until next summer...thus continuing the commuting schedule for Ryan. I know I shouldn't complain because I have friends whose husbands travel and are gone much more than this. But, I think it's all relative based on what you are used to. I am hoping once we adjust to this "new kind of normal" it won't be so hard.

All of that to say that we would certainly appreciate your prayers - that the house would sell and close before August 1st (so Lauren can be settled and start school up there) and that I will make it through this transition time without losing my sanity!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, I will pray. Having hubby/daddy gone for any amount of time is hard. You are right, it is all relative!