Tuesday, August 11, 2009

This Too Shall Pass

When this journey first began, my resolve was unshakably strong.
But now I’m growing weary of this path You’ve placed me on.
I feel my faith is fading and I’m questioning You more.
The voices of fear inside my head are difficult to ignore.

Each day is such a struggle, just to make it through.
Seems like there’s no joy to be found, no matter what I do.
Stuck in this survival mode with no relief in sight.
I pray, at the end of this tunnel, there will be a light.

But You have said, “All things work for good…”, so I’ll keep trusting You,
Asking for strength every day that You’ll help carry me through,
Believing that this trial is all a part of Your plan,
And resting in the promise that You hold me in Your hands.

“My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.”
~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful words, were they written by you? I am glad you are finding ways to "release" some of the internal struggles you are feeling and pray that you are able to get to the light! :) Jen

The Smiths said...

Yes, I am writing LOTS of poetry these days...it helps get my emotions out without "venting" on my husband! :)