Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Preparing for baby

As I looked at the calendar today, I could hardly believe my eyes - can it be that I will be a mother of two in just 10 days? In some ways (physically), I couldn't be more ready to have him here. But, in other ways, I am scared to death about how our lives will change with this new addition...and I find myself wishing I had a little more time just the 3 of us. The past 4 years have been so special with Lauren and I’m still unsure of how it will be dividing my time with two. Yet, I also know that giving her a little brother is, in many ways, one of the best things we can do for her.

And, I have to admit I am very curious to learn about this great mystery that is raising a little boy. I can only hope that he will have the same sensitive spirit and compassionate heart that his big sister does…and that the two of them will have a close friendship like the one that my brother and I shared growing up.

Two years ago, almost to the day (March 1st), Ryan and I renewed our commitment to each other and to the Lord. From that moment on, we have been purposeful about seeking His direction for our family and following His will. Nolan’s arrival so near to that anniversary couldn’t be a sweeter or more meaningful gift from the God that has never ceased to show us His faithfulness and redeeming love.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

3 days left!!! Ahhhh!!! I am so excited!!! Are you ready?!!?