Friday, April 6, 2007

HUGE Answer to Prayer

You all must have been on your knees on my behalf, because the Lord answered the cry of my heart yesterday! As I mentioned in the last blog, I have been struggling to find the right christian preschool for Lauren in NC. I had put in calls to 4 of them that were in the right area and that we could afford. I only heard back from 2 - one was a full-day program, which is not what I was wanting...and the other was too far of a drive and not a long enough program. The other 2 schools, I had left numerous messages with and never heard anything back. I decided to give them one more try on Thursday morning. I finally got through to both of them. One said that they were completely full for the fall 2007 school year. BUT, the last school I spoke to (which had been my first choice all along) told me that I had been leaving messages for the wrong person and that's probably why I never heard back. They were able to connect me with the preschool director and when I asked her if there were any spots for the 3-year-old preschool class, she said, "Oh, I don't think so...I'm pretty sure we are full. But, let me double check. (long pause...) I can't believe this, but we actually have 1 spot available. Wait, let me make sure that's right. (another long pause...) Yes, we have one opening."

I was so thrilled I almost started crying! I knew that God was saving that one spot for Lauren and that was where He wanted her to be. The great thing about this school is that she can continue on there after preschool and through to 8th grade (if we stay in NC that long). They are a member of ACSI and have a 4-star rating (you can check out their website ~ http://www.garrchristian.com/). It will be about a 30-minute drive for me, but she'll only be attending 2 days a week, so I can definitely handle that. I just want to thank all of you who were praying for me, because He heard and answered - GOD IS SO GOOD!!

No comments: